Over 150 community members, farmers, business owners, and non-profit representatives came together for our first-ever FED: Food Expo & Discussion earlier this month. The day-long event included producer/buyer speed networking, panel discussions, local food lunch, open mic, and an expo. Guests told us that their energy for local food system work had been renewed; non-profits gained new volunteers and connections; local suppliers and buyers created new relationships; and lots of valuable connections were made.
We'll always remember our first FED as being the one in which the power went out for a couple hours, leaving guests shivering and the kitchen crew without power. We toughed it out with fresh hot coffee (delivered), and the amazing kitchen team from The Pax Center prepared lunch by candlelight.
Special thanks to Nico Martinez for taking most of these photos (all the great ones)!
We'd like to offer a sincere thank-you to our sponsors for making this event possible!
- Legacy Foundation - Partner Sponsor
- Nature's Cupboard - Presenting Sponsor
- County Line Orchard - Venue Sponsor
- Purdue Extension - Communications Sponsor
- The Pax Center - Lunch Sponsor
- Mrs. Dornberg's Culinary Experience - Eco Sponsor
- Indiana Grown - Speed Networking Sponsor
- Valpo Velvet - Sweet Sponsor
- Grapevine Local Food Marketing - Local Ingredient Sponsor
- Alive & Well - Local Ingredient Sponsor
- Coffee Creek Farmers Market - Local Ingredient Sponsor
- Creative Solutionz - In-kind Sponsor
- The Wright Baker - In-kind Sponsor
- Gotham Greens - In-kind Sponsor
- Harvest Circle Workshop - In-kind Sponsor
- Edible Michiana - Supporting Sponsor
- La Porte Farmers' Market - Cocktail Hour Sponsor
- Capricorn Foods - Cocktail Hour Sponsor
More About FED 2017
- See the FED Agenda and Speakers.
- The Times: Food Expo helps to 'cultivate connections' in Northwest Indiana
- Post-Tribune: Expo presents range of food topics
- See more photos on Facebook